No 10:00am Mass on the day of a funeral
All Masses and other liturgical celebrations are streamed via web cam on our parish website.
They are also broadcast on FM105.2
The parish of Kilfarboy in the barony of Ibrickane in the County of Clare is bounded on the north by parish of Kilmannaheen,on the east by the parish of Cloony and the parish of Inagh.On the south by the parish of Kilmurry and on the west by the Atlantic Ocean.(O.S papers of County Clare) By the late 16th Century the parish church at Kilfarboy was closed to catholics and an era of persecution had begun.In the early 19th Century there was a thatched chapel at “Barr an Bhaile” near the gates of the present church.
During the 18th Century the parishes of Kilfarboy and Kilmurry Ibrickane were amalgamated ,Fr Anthony Mc Guane was the last parish priest of the united parishes and his brother Fr Patrick Mc Guane was curate.as the parish contained more than 18,000 people they to build two new large churches,one in Miltown Malbay and one in Mullagh.Fr Anthony Mc Guane died in March 1839 and Bishop Kennedy decided to divide the parish in two making Fr Patrick Mc Guane the parish priest of Miltown Malbay.It was at this point the former parish of Kilfarboy became known ecclesiastically as the parish of Miltown Malbay.
The new church was completed in 1839 but the tower and steeple were not added until 1861 and 1863.The Church Bell is embossed “Murphy Founder 1868” , the Stations of the Cross were presented by the parishioners to honour the memory of Dean Micheal Bugler P.P. 1859-1871.The High Altar was consecrated by Archbishop John Mc Carthy of Zanzibar with the authority of Micheal Fogarty ,Bishop of Killaloe on 24th June 1948. Extensive reconstruction was carried out on Miltown Malbay Church (1978- 1980) and it was re-dedicated by the Bishop of Killaloe,Most Rev Micheal Harty on 16th March 1980.In recent years further refurbishment work has been carried out on the Church to bing it up to modern standards.