Miltown Malbay Community Centre
The first Parish Hall was built in 1912 at the Cabhail. This was a fine wood framed building consisting of three rooms, a dance hall and two billiard rooms.
The exterior walls and roof were made of corrugated iron and the exterior was covered with 1/2 inch wood sheeting. The hall had a short life as it was burned down in 1920. A new hall was built in the same place in 1926, consisting of a dance hall and two billiard rooms and a card room. This hall was extended and upgraded in 1957.
In 1976 after a series of fund raising events a hall committee was formed to renovate the hall. A new construction consisting of a games room and dance hall with toilets. The front rooms remained as before. When the site at the east side became available, the committee purchased it and decided to build a Social & Cultural Club and to rebuild the front rooms. The work began in 1982.
In 2017 the parish agreed a lease arrangement with the Miltown Malbay Development Company to redevelop the hall known as the Community Centre. Work was completed in 2019 at a cost of €1.4M. This development was part funded by Wind Farm money and grants and donations. It is debt free and the directors of the Development Company have provided a state of the art Community Centre for the whole area. More information available on the Community Centre website, https://www.miltownmalbaycommunitycentre.com/ .
Moy Hall / Tommy White Memorial Community Centre
This hall was originally Moy National School from 1846 to 1959 when the present Scoil Iosef Naofa was built. It had actually begun it’s existence as an intended Church. Building had begun in the earlier part of the 19th century but it was left unfinished and unroofed. In 1846 it was completed as a school. Since 1959 it has been developed as the local community centre due, in no small measure, to the effort and work of the late Tommy White. After his death in 2008 it was renamed The Tommy White Memorial Community Centre. It serves the local community well providing an adequate venue for various activities and meetings. Of continuing success there is the Youth Club, founded by Tommy White, which meets on Friday evenings except for the Summer months